I recently read a book called
A Distant Grief: The Real Story Behind the Martyrdom of Christians in Uganda by
Kefa F.
Sempangi.
http://www.amazon.com/Distant-Grief-Behind-Martyrdom-Christians/dp/1597528625 It is a book I encourage everyone to read. It is an account of the persecution of Christians during the
tyrannical reign of
Idi Amin, but in the process of it, God continues to grow and bless His church.
While reading this book, I kept on thinking back to the promise Jesus made in Matthew 16:18, specifically the italicized portion:
And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
Kefa makes reference to this passage in the last paragraph of the preface and throughout the whole book, I was constantly reminded of Matthew 16:18.
1 comment:
Hello,
I'm an OPC Pastor in Amarillo, TX and we had the wonderful opportunity of hosting the Wright family this past weekend! I'm organizing a trip for our congregation to Karamoja, and would be interested in seeing your presentation, if you're willing to share it with me ;-).
Grace and Peace,
Andrew Moody
www.ccopc.org
moody.1@opc.org
Post a Comment